For the first time the hotel was reopened in January, also to be available for seminars and celebrations. Investments were made in the garden infrastructure and in the Beach House. And in spring the «Bad Muntelier» became the «Bad Murtensee», with a new corporate identity and a new brand strategy.
The «Hotel Bad Muntelier» got two new faces on September 1, 2019: Manuela Stillhard and Thomas Kunz started in their new roles as hosts. Also, in the same year, the interior courtyard has been reshaped, the event rooms and the Restaurant «See la vie» have been renovated and refurbished.
After four generations, the Fasnacht-family has sold and handed over the «Hotel Bad Muntelier» to the new owners, Franziska and Marcel Jörg, both well rooted in the area.
Barbara and her husband Peter stepped into the footsteps of Kurt and Gini Fasnacht. Barbara's sister Karin joined a little later. It is in 1995 that they took over the reins of their parents and became the 4th generation to own and manage the place. In 1998, the «Beach House», directly on the shores of Lake Murten, was added and invites its guests with a wonderful view and atmosphere.
Kurt and Gini Fasnacht (3rd generation) with their daughters Barbara and Karin, added a motel-like building with 21 rooms and they opened the terrace-restaurant with 60 seats, overlooking Lake Murten.
Hanny and Paul Fasnacht got inspired by their son Kurt, who spent quite some time in the US and had a good understanding of the hospitality business. They created a «grill-room» and started a long culinary tradition.
Daughter Hanny married Paul Fasnacht (called «the Welsch» = the one from the French speaking part of Switzerland). After her parents died, Hanny and Paul took over the place (2nd generation) and made some changes to the event-rooms.
The property was bought by August Fasnacht (called «the Gräy»). He was a respected and well known local personality. Previously he run the other local restaurant «Hechten» (the trout). It is with him that the four generation long success-story of «Hotel Bad Muntelier am See» started.
On October 26, 1903 a fire destroyed the restaurant, the barn with a stock of fodder, the dancing room with the equipment of the local gymnastic and shooting association, the stage of the local men's choir with a new piano, the bakery with all the stock of flour and the skittle alley (similar to bowing lane). And this after some years of renovation have just been finished. It is thanks to the successful intervention of the local fire brigade with the assistance of surrounding villages that a bigger disaster has been avoided. Had their be a westerly wind, it is most likely that the entire village would have been subject to a similar disaster as in 1741, when nearly the entire village has burned down.
It was on March 15, that the so called «bathing-tavern» (Bade-Wirtschaft) was officially opened. It most likely has been inspired by the local, public swimming bath which already existed in the 1850ies. Swimming in the water of Lake Murten has been highly recommended by medical doctors from the surrounding cities like Bern and Fribourg. In this local, public swimming bath men had access from 5 to 8 and 11 to 12 a.m. and from 5 to 9 p.m. Women from 8 to 11 a.m. and from 2 to 5 p.m.
The tavern invited for public dancing events.
There was a lot of talk about the number of taverns in Muntelier. The local council decided in 1825 to close all but two pubs. So only the «Hechten» (the trout) and the tavern by the embarkation point, todays «Bad Murtensee», survived.
The main buildings of «Bad Murtensee» were constructed between 1745 and 1754 as a farmhouse. There are indications that there also was a brewery and a distillery operated on site. Soon after, the buildings have been used as tavern, restaurant and guest house.
An enormous blaze has destroyed all but five buildings in the village. At that time, the current buildings did not yet exist.